Type: Client mod
Mod Name: Notes
Made for build: 76262
Last Updated: 2014/12/13
Latest version: 1.5
Dependencies: Floating Framework
Basic Description: Keep notes on players for future reference
Some mods conflict with each other, due to the nature of modding in Planetary Annihilation. Typically, mods conflict when they alter the same files of the game using a technique called shadowing. When this happens, only one of the mods changes are applied to that file; likely breaking the other mod entirely, or stopping it from working as intended. Server mods are the most likely to conflict with one another, as shadowing unit data files is the dominant method of creating server mods. This section outlines what mods probably conflict with this one, it's not exhaustive and may (rarely) contain false positives.
No conflicts on record, this mod probably doesn't conflict with any other mods currently on PAMM.
This section is updated manually, which I aim to do once a month. The last time it was updated is the last time modconflicts.json was updated in this github repository.
Notes is a good way to keep track of players you've encountered. You can attach small amounts of information to a player, which you can view any time you encounter the player. A small icon appears next to the players name wherever you see them (be it in the lobby, live in-game, in the social menu, or somewhere else), which can be clicked to show the notes you have on them. It's useful to keep track of people, and can be used in a variety of ways:
- To record the strategies your opponent used against you (helps to guess what your opponent will do)
- To record the strategies you used against them (to do something different to catch them off-guard)
- To record their strengths/weaknesses
- To keep track of wins/losses
Knowing your opponent is a key part of playing the game, particularly at a higher level. Any scrap of information could be helpful, and may tip the odds in your favour.
- Initial release
- Added 'Notes' tab to social screen
- Added custom game screen, compatible with PA Stats
- Fixed bug which prevented save and cancel buttons working sometimes
- Code cleanup to pre-empt potential mod conflicts
- Fix to work with gamma builds
- Fixed broken icons