Better System View
Type: Client mod
Mod Name: Better System View
Categories: in-game, ui
Made for build: 69721
Last Updated: 2014/08/03
Latest version: 1.4
Basic Description: Adds a Metal Spot count to the System View.
Some mods conflict with each other, due to the nature of modding in Planetary Annihilation. Typically, mods conflict when they alter the same files of the game using a technique called shadowing. When this happens, only one of the mods changes are applied to that file; likely breaking the other mod entirely, or stopping it from working as intended. Server mods are the most likely to conflict with one another, as shadowing unit data files is the dominant method of creating server mods. This section outlines what mods probably conflict with this one, it's not exhaustive and may (rarely) contain false positives.
No conflicts on record, this mod probably doesn't conflict with any other mods currently on PAMM.
This section is updated manually, which I aim to do once a month. The last time it was updated is the last time modconflicts.json was updated in this github repository.
A basic but useful modification. Displaying the metal count of each planet in the system view is good because:
- You can see which planet has the best economy potential, perhaps the most contested planet all other things equal
- You can see which planet has the worst economy potential, perhaps the least contested planet all other things equal
- You can make an informed guess where your opponents will likely expand to
- You don't have to rely on estimation when comparing planets, which is time consuming and needlessly draws your attention
- Initial release
- Bug fixes
- Fix for gamma
- Adds metal spot count, overlayed on top of planet icon
- Fix to work with latest patch (v63234)